Motocross Helmets, Dirt Bike Helmets, ATV Helmets
Shop for top quality Motocross Helmets, Dirt Bike Helmets, and ATV Helmets. Buy the best motocross helmet you can afford, protect your head at all costs - invest in a better helmet today. We offer a great selection and competitive prices on top brand motocross helmets and ATV helmets such as Arai, Shoei, and Troy Lee Designs plus Fox, Thor, One Industries, Sixsixone, Fly Racing, Shift, Answer and No Fear. Buy Now and Save - Free Shipping in USA, Fast Worldwide Shipping.
How to Select the right Helmet Size Chart below Ten Point Guide - when choosing your next helmet
How to Select the Right Motocross Helmet
A quality motocross helmet is without a doubt the single most important piece of motocross protective gear you will purchase. So keep these ten standard guidelines (below) in mind. You need to protect your head at all costs - buy the very best mx helmet you can afford and skimp on something else if you have too, not your helmet! Full-face motocross and dirt bike helmets for racing, trail, or motocross riding are designed to protect your head, and should be strong enough to minimize and absorb collision impacts - helping to prevent or reduce head injury or even save your life. In addition, they are designed to help your head stay cool, provide protection from flying objects and rocks, and last on the list allow you to set your own look and style with many choices of color and design!
Ten Point Standard Guideline to follow when choosing your next helmet:
(shown in order of importance)
Tips Several of the High End and Mid Range Motocross Helmets meet or exceed guidelines above. The Low End ones usually meet several of guidelines though they may not have all the extra features or graphic design you prefer. Whether you need a helmet for atv riding, dirt bike or motocross we can get or have everything you want!
- Safety Helmet should meet or exceed Snell and D.O.T. safety standards.
- Comfort and Fit Your motocross helmet should fit comfortably so selecting the right size is very important. Too small and you will never be comfortable when you ride. Too large means your head is not secure or protected properly and you do not want it to fly off in case of impact.
- Size - If you know your head size great! If not, you need to measure the circumference of your head. View our Size Charts to choose your size and instructions for measuring your head, it is not wise to guess! Size Chart
- Weight Most dirt bike helmets currently made - are constructed of fiberglass or composites and much lighter than before. If you are after the lightest, which feels more comfortable, the ultra-light more expensive ones are constructed from carbon fiber and Kevlar.
- Ventilation System All motocross, dirt bike, and atv helmets have ventilation systems with air intake vents to cool your head and exhaust port vents to dispel heat. Some of the more expensive ones have better exhaust systems, more vents inside - this is important if you ride fast, hard, or race. A Cooler head means less fatigue, better focus, perhaps faster lap times and a better ride.
- Liners All mx helmets have liners designed to help wick moisture from your head, keeping you dryer and protect your head from impact. Some even have cooling systems in the cheek pads and the more expensive ones have removable, washable, and replaceable liners.
- Emergency Release Systems Some of the more expensive mx helmets have built in emergency release systems designed for easy access should you be involved in an accident or collision.
- Guarantee - Most dirt bike helmets are guaranteed for three to five years and do not wear out quickly, so literally think "brain investment" when you purchase!
- Price - can range from just under $100 to $600 or more, depending on the features. If you are on a budget, we have discounts, or check our closeouts for quality motocross and atv helmets, but do not ignore the standards above just to save a buck. It could be your most costly deal in the end so keep that in mind if you race or compete.
- Graphic Design and Style weigh into the cost MX Helmets come in many colors, have incredible graphic designs or custom paint jobs. You will find cool colors and graphics even on the less expensive dirt bike helmets; however, you should always follow the guidelines above and place, fit, safety and comfort features over the external decor. I hope you are not wondering after reading everything above - why graphic design, color and style is placed last on the list!
Motocross Goggles - should always be worn with your helmet to protect your eyes and as the first line of defense against flying rocks, debris, and the weather.
Other types - Some manufacturers also make helmets for action sports like bicycle racing, bmx, mountain biking and snow. They usually do not have D.O.T. safety ratings and are not for motocross.
| Top Helmet Brands / Manufacturers|
Based on Features & Price Range
| High End|| Mid Range|| Low End|
| Arai|| Fly|| Answer Racing|
| Shoei|| Fox|| Fly Racing|
| Troy Lee Designs|| SixSixone|| No Fear|
| || Thor|| Shift|
| Note: Some manufacturers offer multiple price ranges and features|